Outdoor things to do in Breckenridge in the summer: Live music, fly fishing, rafting near Bre ..Read more
Outdoor things to do in Breckenridge in the summer:
- Live music, fly fishing, rafting near Breckenridge, paved path biking (electric and regular), and mountain biking
What’s the best time to visit Breckenridge for the summer?
- July 4th is the official start of the summer. July, August, and September are the best. In late September there can be a chance of early-season snow.
- It’s not as busy as in the winter because people are outdoors and spread out.
The cycling culture in Breckenridge:
- Varied bike culture, there is something for everyone! Whether you like to cruise on the bike bath, visit the Breckenridge Resort and do lift assist downhill mountain biking or cross-country mountain biking.
- Bike path – you can bike all the way to Dillon even Vail. In town riding, there are bike lanes and bike paths all over town.
- E-bikes are an incredible way to get around and are a great equalizer because you’re at 9600 feet.
- Mountain biking: There is everything for beginners to advanced riders.
- There is a bus that you can load your bike on and a shuttle and Breckenridge Ski and Sport also offers a shuttle
- Breckenridge Ski Resort offers Lift service / Downhill biking
- Skate park – Frisco bike park for dirt jumps, pump track, and slope slide lines. The park is great for improving skills for pumping, jumps, and turns.
Breckenridge mountain biking trails
- Beginner: Blue river trail is a great beginner biking trail that locals use for commuting.
- Flumes trail – bike out of town. Fast and flowy without too many obstacles.
- Intermediate/advanced – Eastside trail, it finishes in town and you can grab a snack when you’re done.
- Natural style cross country trails without the worry of massive drops or jumps
- Riding downhill is a workout but you don’t have to worry about elevation as much
Mountain biking tips in Breckenridge
- MOST IMPORTANT TIP: Start early to avoid afternoon thunderstorms
- Wear sunscreen
- It’s easy and accessible to get your lift ticket and get out on the mountain.
- Check Breckenridge Resort’s website for the opening date for lift assist mountain biking season start.
- We rent e-bikes, they are very user-friendly and come with built-in bike racks, you can run errands around town.
- With electric-assist bikes, you have to pedal but it helps tremendously.
- Riding from Breckenridge to Frisco offers some beautiful views, especially around Lake Dillon
- Range: They have a long-range due to 4 modes. The range can vary based on weight, extra load, how much uphill, and how much assist you’re using.
Visiting Breckenridge without renting a car
- Visit Breckenridge without renting a car and get around on your e-bike!
- You can get multi-day rentals and keep the charger and even have the bike delivered to you.
Links: Check out Breckenridge adventures
Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/tripoutside/message