Copper Harbor Kayak Tours & Rentals
Specializing in epic world-class Lake Superior sea kayaking and Copper Harbor mountain biking, Keweenaw Adventure Company is the hub for human-powered recreation in Keweenaw County. They provide the gear and adventures that connect people with awe and respect to the Keweenaw Peninsula. Keweenaw Adventure Company contributes to the region’s well-being through education, stewardship, conservation and sustainable tourism.
Established in 1994, Keweenaw Adventure Company offers a variety of adventure gear rentals, guided day and multi-day trips and tours on Keweenaw Peninsula, Lake Superior and Isle Royale National Park. They operate a small retail shop, bicycle, canoe & SUP rentals, bike service, interpretive guided eco-tours, lodging and a shuttle service.
More than just a shop, they have also built their reputation as advocates, trail builders, community organizers and folks who like to have a good time.
Keweenaw Adventure Company specializes in Lake Superior sea kayak adventures. The company offers guided 1/2 day, full day and multi-day kayak tours on Lake Superior and Isle Royale National Park. Explore a chain of barrier islands, finger bays, sea caves, cliffs and spiny ridgelines that parallel the peninsula. Discover Keweenaw Peninsula’s rugged beauty, historic lighthouses, and hidden waterfalls. Keweenaw offers both single and tandem kayak options for tours!
|Copper Harbor Kayaking Tours||Duration||Adult Rate||Kid’s Rate (Up to 15 years old)|
|Porter’s Island Kayak Tours||2.5 Hours||$75||$45|
|Agate Harbor Kayaking Tour||4.5 to 5 Hours||$150||$100|
|Bare Bluff||6.5 to 7 Hours||$185||$125|
Sit on Top Kayaks, SUPs & Canoes
Keweenaw Adventure Company rents single and tandem sit on top kayaks, SUPs and canoes perfect for paddling the many inland lakes of the peninsula. They will even deliver and pick up the kayak rental to the lake for a small fee!
|Copper Harbor Kayak, SUP & Canoe Rentals||Half Day (4 Hours)||Full Day (11 Hours)|
Sea Kayak Rentals
Keweenaw Adventure Co provides outfitting services and kayak rentals for anyone who wants a self-guided adventure. Rentals include:
- Sea kayak (Boreal Design) equipped with a rudder, deck-lines and two hatches with bulk heads
- Paddle, spray skirt, life vest (PFD), wetsuit, bilge pump, paddle float, a whistle and at least 2 dry bags per person
- VHF / Weather Radios capable of two-way communications with the NPS and/or other boaters may be rented for an additional $5/day
IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR SEA KAYAK RENTALS (NOT APPLICABLE TO TOURS):
Prior to renting sea kayaks (not sit-on-top kayaks) for self-guided adventures, ALL participants must meet one of the following requirements (and must be 16 or older to rent a single kayak):
- Successfully complete our Fundamental Water Safety Course
- “Test-out” by successfully demonstrating a “wet exit”, assisted “T-Rescue” and self-rescue “Paddle-Float re-entry” (a $10/person fee)
- Provide documentation (signed by an ACA Certified Instructor) of having completed a water safety course meeting the same curriculum as ours within the past 3 years
|Copper Harbor Sea Kayak Rentals||Duration||Rate|
|Single Kayak||One Day||$65|
|Boreal Design EpislonP100||2-5 days||$60|
|Boreal Design Epislon P200||6-8 days||$55|
|Boreal Design Epislon P300||9-13 days||$50|
|Boreal Design Esperanto||14 days||$45|