Browns Canyon - Full DayFree Cancellation • Locally Owned • Instant Book
Duration: 8 hours
Buena Vista, Colorado; Salida, Colorado; Nathrop, Colorado
America's Most Popular Whitewater for centuries!
Rapids: Class II-III+
Ages 10+ May, July, August and September
Ages 13+ in June (high water)
Take in the rugged granite cliffs, colorful rock outcroppings, and stunning Rocky Mountain vistas surrounding the Arkansas River. This most popular stretch of whitewater in the USA with it's class II-IV rapids and the newest 'Browns Canyon National Monument' have attracted visitors from around the world.
President Obama designated the 21,589 acre National Monument on February 19, 2015.
The Arkansas River is a river that offers a variety of choices. It is possible to combine whitewater runs creating trips from one day to five days over the length of the river.
- Lunch included
- All equipment and gear included
Gratuities are not included in your trip cost. While tipping is done at your discretion, tipping is one of the gauges we use in terms of customer satisfaction. If you are ever not satisfied, please let us know so that we can adjust our expeditions in the future.
What to Bring
- Splash jackets/pants are provided (or you can bring your own)
- Nylon shorts and non-cotton shirt or poly propylene top (fleece top)
- Light water resistant jacket
- Pair of tennis shoes – tie-on preferred (NO sandals) or wet boots
- Wool socks will help keep feet warm in tennis shoes
- Sun glasses with loss protector/keeper, with UV protection
- Sunscreen (you'll be at over 8000′ altitude – lots of UV exposure)
- Hat for sun protection (tie-on)
- Personal water bottle that can be secured (with a clip)
ADVENTURE PROVIDED BY Dvorak Expeditions
✔️Easy, secure, instant booking
✔️No extra fees
✔️Book directly with top-rated outfitters
Discover 5,000+ human powered adventures. Rentals, lessons and guided tours.
With vetted, highly rated, local adventure partners. 4.81 average partner rating with over 185,000 reviews.
The places that we love. TripOutside is a member of The Conservation Alliance and Leave No Trace.