Browns Canyon - 1/2 DayFree Cancellation • Kid Friendly • Locally Owned
Duration: 4 hours
Buena Vista, Colorado; Salida, Colorado; Nathrop, Colorado
Enjoy whitewater thrills on the Arkansas River!
Rapids: Class II-III
Paddle through the pink Granite walls of Browns Canyon National Monument and enjoy whitewater thrills on the Arkansas River. Put in near Buena Vista, Colorado, and travel 12 miles through remote wilderness where wildlife still resides in natural beauty under the big Colorado sky.
Browns Canyon National Monument on the Arkansas River is one of the most popular stretches for whitewater rafting in the country.
- No experience necessary
- All equipment and gear included
Gratuities are not included in your trip cost. While tipping is done at your discretion, tipping is one of the gauges we use in terms of customer satisfaction. If you are ever not satisfied, please let us know so that we can adjust our expeditions in the future.
What to Bring
- Splash jackets/pants are provided (or you can bring your own)
- Nylon shorts and non-cotton shirt or poly propylene top (fleece top)
- Light water resistant jacket
- Pair of tennis shoes – tie-on preferred (NO sandals) or wet boots
- Wool socks will help keep feet warm in tennis shoes
- Sun glasses with loss protector/keeper, with UV protection
- Sunscreen (you'll be at over 8000′ altitude – lots of UV exposure)
- Hat for sun protection (tie-on)
- Personal water bottle that can be secured (with a clip)
ADVENTURE PROVIDED BY Dvorak Expeditions
✔️Easy, secure, instant booking
✔️No extra fees
✔️Book directly with top-rated outfitters
Discover 5,000+ human powered adventures. Rentals, lessons and guided tours.
With vetted, highly rated, local adventure partners. 4.81 average partner rating with over 185,000 reviews.
The places that we love. TripOutside is a member of The Conservation Alliance and Leave No Trace.