Little Gore Canyon - 3 DayFree Cancellation • Kid Friendly • Locally Owned
Duration: 3 days
Great Family Rafting Trip!
Rapids: Class II-III
The legendary Colorado River, over 1,400 miles long, starts just above Little Gore Canyon. With its headwater just a few miles upstream among the mountains of Rocky Mountain National Park, this is one of the first floatable sections of the river. Little Gore Canyon features clear water and mild yet exciting whitewater that can be enjoyed in rafts, kayaks, canoes and inflatable kayaks. This is an excellent trip for the entire family.
This is one of the West’s major rivers providing the drainage system for 1/2 of the continental United States over its 1,400-mile length. These upper sections also offer decent trout fishing as well for those that would like to bring a rod along.
The put-in is an easy three-hour drive west of Denver near Kremmling, Colorado. This proximity to a large metropolitan area and airport makes this trip one of the top choices for beginners and experts alike if they’re looking for a ride on the upper sections of the mighty Colorado River.
Included in your trip
- All boating equipment/life jackets/drinking water.
- All on-river meals (lunch day 1 through lunch last day).
- By arrangement prior to the trip, rain jacket with pants.
- Eating utensils, plates, complimentary Dvorak souvenir cup.
- Waterproof dry bags (3.3 cu.ft) for personal gear.
- Rain tarps for shelter in the kitchen area.
- Transportation to the arranged meeting point or put-in (see below)
- Pre and post meals and lodging near the arranged meeting point
- Personal clothing and other sundry items (see list below and in confirmation email)
- Possible shuttle of personal vehicle to take out locations. (Add during checkout and call afterwards to confirm)
By Plane: The closest airport is Denver International. Arrive the day prior to your trip. You will need to arrange for a rental car from this point. You will be traveling approximately 3 hours west on I-70 towards Dillon, CO. Go north from Dillon towards Kremmling. Your river trip will begin Just 12 miles southwest of Kremmling at river put-in BLM site (Pump house) at 8:30am the day your trip begins. Dvorak’s will make shuttle arrangements for your vehicle to be shuttled to the finish point through The CO Shuttle Service. The cost will vary with the trip length. You can arrange to leave any personal gear at your lodging until the finish of the trip or in your vehicle that will be at the trip’s end.
By Car: You will need to arrive at the put-in in Kremmling, CO (exact location provided in your confirmation email) by 8:30am the morning your trip begins. Report to your Dvorak trip leader near the river put-in. The guides will assist you in packing your personal gear into dry bags and issue any rented items for your packing as well. PLEASE CONFIRM ALL CAMPING RENTALS AND VEHICLE SHUTTLE ARRANGEMENTS PRIOR TO TRIP MEETING.
Alternatively, you can arrive at the BLM PUMPHOUSE LAUNCH SITE put-in the night before the trip begins, where camping is an option. There are only primitive amenities at the campsite. We can arrange to have your vehicle shuttled to the take-out point (add during checkout). There is an additional charge for this shuttle service per vehicle: cost depends on the length of your trip. Any personal items should be stored in your vehicle unless you make alternate arrangements prior to your trip.
Equipment Rentals Available
Sleeping bags and pads, tents, wetsuits - we've got it all!
After you add your trip to your online cart here, you will be prompted to add Raft Trip Equipment Rentals. Choose your trip start date and time then choose your trip length.
River Trip Equipment List
Please limit your gear to 30 pounds in weight. The provided drybag is 3.3cu-ft. It should be able to be packed into a standard duffel bag. This list should cover everything for a safe, comfortable trip.
- Compact synthetic filled sleeping bag (not down) - rentals available
- Sleeping pad (backpack size) inflatable/insolite - rentals available
- Small backpack style tent w/ fly & ground sheet - rentals available
- Long john style wetsuit/boots for cold months* - rentals available
- Long pants (one light weight to block the sun & one warm wool or pile/fleece type*)
- Nylon shorts or swimsuit under wetsuit
- Long sleeved shirts (one warm*/one light weight)
- Non-cotton shirt or poly propylene top (fleece top)
- Warm jacket*, wind proof or Fleece, water resistant
- Pair of tennis shoes - tie on preferred or wet boots
- Wool socks will help keep feet warm in tennis shoes
- Sunglasses with loss protector/keeper (with UV protection)
- Sun block (over 5,000' altitude - lots of UV exposure)
- Hat for sun protection (tie-on)
- Rain gear by request from DVK or bring your own - rentals available at no cost (add Splash Jacket when adding rentals)
- Small towel / biodegradable soap / shampoo / lotion etc.
- Flashlight and extra batteries with new bulb or head torch
- Bandana and a pair of lite gloves for sun protection
- Personal items kit (hygiene) medicines etc.
- Waterproof camera or a very good waterproof case
- EXTRA BEVERAGES - PLASTIC containers of liquor, BYO canned beer or soda. An adequate supply of soft drinks is provided. If you prefer diet drinks, please request them in advance. Complimentary wine is provided with evening meals.
- OPTIONAL ITEMS: Field glasses with waterproof protection, Journal notebook, book, pliers (for use in taking things from fire i.e. coffee, hot water, etc.), Day pack for side hikes & Extra Zip Lock Bags. Small travel pillow or use stuff sac with your extra clothing.
*Can be excluded during warmer weather
Gratuities are not included in your trip cost. While tipping is done at your discretion, tipping is one of the gauges we use in terms of customer satisfaction. If you are ever not satisfied, please let us know so that we can adjust our expeditions in the future.
ADVENTURE PROVIDED BY Dvorak Expeditions
✔️Easy, secure, instant booking
✔️No extra fees
✔️Book directly with top-rated outfitters
Discover 5,000+ human powered adventures. Rentals, lessons and guided tours.
With vetted, highly rated, local adventure partners. 4.81 average partner rating with over 185,000 reviews.
The places that we love. TripOutside is a member of The Conservation Alliance and Leave No Trace.